Monday, April 15, 2013

The New Icons By H&M

I went to my local shopping centre, Brent Cross, on Friday and was walking past the H&M shop when I saw their window display showcasing their new collection: The New Icons with lots of 'As Seen in Vogue' signs. Of course I was intrigued and walked in. This collection is all about staples that provide the basis and classics of your wardrobe. I am so impressed with the quality of some of the pieces from this collection that I wanted to share it with you. My favourite pieces from the collection are the leather jacket, which I had to buy, and the embellished gilet. I decided not to buy the gilet even though it has really special details and would be an amazing addition to my wardrobe, because I was worried it would be too delicate for my day-to-day life. On a few of the gilets on display there were beads missing and me being a perfectionist didn't want to spend £34.99 on something that wasn't perfect. 



The leather jacket is made of premium leather and is really thick and luxurious. It feels like a designer jacket due to the quality of the leather, design and craftsmanship. On the shoulders, sleeves and back of the jacket there are padded ribbed sections which are a really special feature. At £99.99 this leather jacket is a bargain and looks like it costs much more. As I was paying for it the sales assistant said nonchalantly that I get a free magazine. To my delight it was the new issue of Vogue which costs £4.10! So this really is an amazing buy! Unfortunately it is sold out on-line but it's definitely worth a look or a call to your local H&M if this interests you. You won't be disappointed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment